What is community hub?
- The Holy Child Community Hub is part of the National Community Hubs Program.
- It is a welcoming place for all members of the community to connect, share and learn together.
- It is a gathering place for local people/families and an access point for a wide range of community activities, programs, services and events.
- It aims to engage culturally diverse, disadvantaged communities where families can meet together, make friends, seek help, learn and engage in fun social activities.
- Our Hub responds to the needs of their local communities while always planning to achieve positive outcomes for children, families, schools anOur hub empowers people to:
- develop skills
- build local connections
- learn English
- engage in early years services and improve school readiness.
Our hub operates under the evidence-based National Community Hubs Program (NCHP)
- Engaging families in culturally diverse communities
- Connecting preschool children into playgroups and preparing them for school and the wider community
- Helping women and children learn and practice English, and
- Building pathways to volunteering and employment.
Our Hub works in partnership with local organisations and not for profit sector to deliver activities including:
- Early year’s programs such as: playgroups
- Informal and Formal learning eg: English, computer classes Citizenship Course, Barista training and certificate courses.
- Volunteer and employment
- Healthy lifestyle programs eg: Wellness workshops, Healthy cooking Class, Sewing Class, and Craft & Jewellery making class.
- Social connection and friendship programs: Women support group, Men support group and Excursion.
- Referrals to additional support