The Parish Primary Schools Enrolment Policy is consistent with the Catholic Education Office Melbourne (CEOM) Policy 2.4 Enrolment for Schools in the Archdiocese of Melbourne.
Our Parish Catholic schools have been established primarily for Catholic children. We are open and welcoming to all Catholic students.
As the first educators of their children parents are encouraged to enter into partnership with our Parish schools to promote and support their child’s education. We strive for excellence in student learning, their wellbeing and spiritual growth.
As a Catholic primary school we offer a broad comprehensive curriculum with an authentic Catholic understanding of Christ and his teaching, as well as a lived appreciation of membership of the Catholic Church.
Our Catholic schools are an integral part of the mission of the church. We ensure an authentic Catholic identity and the Policy is reflective of the guidelines approved by the Archbishop of Melbourne.
Holy Child Catholic Primary School (the School) in the Dallas Parish exists to enable the Catholic Church to carry out its responsibility to provide for the baptised catholic child, a formation in faith, hence priority in enrolment is given to catholic children.
The enrolment of non-Catholic children who reside in the School Catchment Area may take place only when their enrolment would not exclude catholic children from the school.
- catholic children who are residents of the parish
- catholic children who do not reside in the parish but belong to the parish community
- catholic children from other parishes (for pastoral reasons)
- other Christian children who reside in the parish
- other Christian children who reside outside the parish
- non-Christian children who reside in the parish
- non-Christian children who reside outside the parish.
NOTE: Provided there are class places available and allowing for any possible transfers from other catholic schools, the following children may be accepted – orthodox children, non-Catholic Christians and non-Christians where a special need is established by the principal.
Siblings of children already in the school and Catholic children/families have high priority with regards to enrolment.
Parents are required to complete the Application for enrolment form before enrolment into a school can be considered.
The following documentation is required for enrolment:
- Birth certificate
- Baptism certificate
- Immunisation certificate
- relevant Visa and Passport (if applies)
Process and Procedures
CEOM Policy 2.4 will guide all decisions that relate to the enrolment process and procedures.
Enrolments are accepted at any time during the year conditional on our Enrolment Policy and the availability of places.
Contact the school on 03 9309 1620 for any queries about the enrolment procedures.
Prep enrolments are welcome from term one in the year prior to students starting school. Children must turn 5 years of age before 30 April in the year they are commencing school.
A Prep Transition program, which includes information sessions for parents and classroom activities are held in Term 4. Enrolment application form should be accompanied by:
- an immunisation certificate (may be obtained from your local council or Medicare);
- a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate; and
- a copy of your child’s Baptism Certificate.
At the time of lodging an enrolment, all families are required to pay a non-refundable administration fee of $50.00. Upon accepting a place offer, new families are required to pay the first term fees in advance to secure a place in the school. Places at Holy Child School are offered in accordance with the school’s enrolment policy as outlined on the Enrolment Application.
Enrolments for all other year levels are accepted throughout the year, subject to vacancies. Prospective families are welcome to make an appointment to tour the school and meet with staff. Parents of new applicants are required to complete the Enrolment Application Form and attend an interview with the principal.
In the event of a school in the Parish being unable to offer a place to a Catholic child resident in Dallas Parish catchment areas, the Parish will make every effort to support enrolment in another school.
As Catholic Schools are not fully funded by governments we have to charge fees. It is always our aim to keep these as affordable as possible. We have a:
- family fee – per family charge no matter how many children
- sport and levy fees – per child and covers everything the children need including incursions, excursions and sports
- other Sacramental fees apply for Grades 3-6.
Fees can be paid in many ways:
- up front by end of March
- by instalments (March, June, August and November)
- direct deposit
- direct debit set up for weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments.
Enrolment Application Form