At Holy Child Primary School, we aim to be a community where faith is developed and lived.
Religious Education is fundamental to the overall development of the child. We aim to build on each child’s experience of living the faith in a Christian family, lead them into a deeper understanding of their life in the Church and give opportunities to grow closer to the wider community of the Parish family. We endeavour to equip the child with the knowledge, skills and understandings necessary to live a full Christian life. We offer opportunities to nurture faith and spirituality through:
- a sequential Religious Education program.
- involvement in “Making Jesus Real”, based on the understanding that we make Jesus real in our daily lives.
- individual and community prayer experiences.
- participation in local parish masses and special whole school masses celebrating particular feast days and special days.
- preparation for and celebration of the Sacraments of Penance and Eucharist in Year 4, and Confirmation in Year 6.
- an invitation to be part of a student Saint Mary of the Cross (Mary Mackillop) Group.
- participation in fundraising activities, in support of social justice issues.